Play Scripts and Stories for
French as a Second Language
Short Fables in French from
Teachers of French as a Second Language are busy people....
what do you need?
Time-saving, ready-to-go teaching materials.
- no shipping or handling charges
- no waiting to receive items in the mail
- print only what you need
- make as few or as many copies as needed (e.g. run four copies of the glossary
for group work, but individual copies of the story)
- find specific pages quickly using bookmarks in each pdf file
Each unit has the features listed below:
- familiar stories
- simple narrative in the present tense
- 5 short fables in French with
- numbered text lines for quick reference
• play script based on narrative text which expands and encourages the use of verbs in the conversational first and second persons as well as the narrative third person
• comprehension and grammar activities with teacher answer pages.
• comic cells for students to illustrate and retell the story
• character drawings for students to colour, cut out and mount on straws for puppet shows
• French-English glossary
What makes fables a great way to encourage reading in French?
The stories are short (only 1 page in length).
Students are not overwhelmed by the amount of text.
The Tapsy Tales Series has been created by an experienced teacher of French as a Second Language who knows how difficult it can be to find stories written at a level that is simple enough for beginning students.
Watch your students become fully engaged in learning when given materials that are familiar as well as easy to read.
Oral participation becomes fun and less threatening when the simple scripts are used for classroom skits, puppets ........or...... dressed up for stage presentations.
Do you have students who prefer to express themselves through art?
The comic cells are perfect for letting students do just that!
(It is also a great way to check a student's comprehension of vocabulary and storyline.)
|Each Collection has 5 Well-known Fables|
Visit Scruffy Plume's Bookshop
Looking for a good deal on
Join our mailing list
easy French materials
for your class?
and we'll send you
a free activity book
with 6 vocabulary activities to print and use right away.
Each time a new e-book is added to the Scruffy Plume Bookshop,
you will receive a coupon to purchase at a 20% savings.
Subscribe to Scruffy Plume's e-book Update