Puppets in Education
How to Make a Puppet Out of a Glove
What do you do with those orphaned gloves that inevitably show up without a mate?
A fast, fun way to make a variety of characters for your plays; these easy to make puppets can be as plain or as decorated as you wish.
- put on a glove
- two fingers for ears
- fold three fingers to make the shape of the face
- glue on some eyes and a nose
- give it a voice
- add extra features - teeth, ear colour, tongue, lips
- ad material to make a body, wings,legs with rods attached for control
How to make a puppet into a different character ...................
The four designs shown here were created to use with Aesop's fable scripts and show four different types of characters. However, there are undoubtedly many characters that can be made with a little imagination
- google eyes (or material to make your own)
- pipe cleaners
- craft foam (peel and stick works well)
- felt (any scraps of material)
- glue (water based contact cement) or double sided craft tape or velcro, masking tape
(type of glue used depends on age of puppet makers)
Sample Glove Puppets
The hand at the right with numbered fingers can be used
as a reference to determine the finger positions for each type of face